Aikido at the Center is temporarily suspending physical classes in order to practice social distancing and help mitigate the spread of COVID-19 in our community. We will keep you posted.
We are offering virtual classes. If you’d like to schedule a free trial class or if you’d like to try low impact aikido, please send us an email at email@example.com
"Heaven is right where you are standing and that is the place to train." ~O'Sensei
* Peaceful, collaborative environment – come in stressed; leave happy, centered and balanced
* Challenge – Aikido is practiced, not mastered
* Family Activity – bring the kids (ages 6-12; Teens class, too)
* Supportive community – connect with others and learn connection with others
* Safe space – face and conquer insecurities and fears and become grounded, calm and confident
* Laboratory – practice effective physical and verbal conflict resolution techniques
Schedule of Classes
Thursday-5:30-6:30 pm (aiki ken and aiki jo)
Second and fourth Thursdays advanced weapons/aikido principles
Saturdays–8-9am (open mat)
First and third Sundays (Please contact us if interested to make sure class is happening)-9:00-10:30 am-advanced class/aikido in motion
Judith Robinson, 6th dan
Sensei Judith Robinson has thirty years of experience in the martial arts. She is a student of Hans Goto Shihan, who was an uchideshi at Iwama, Japan, training under Morihiro Saito Shihan, 9th dan. She has also trained with Mitsugi Saotome Shihan, Bill Witt Shihan, Frank Doran Sensei, John Stevens Sensei, and Hiroshi Ikeda Sensei. She holds a sixth-degree black belt in Aikido, a first-degree black belt in Karate and has also studied Wing Chun and Tai Chi. She is a graduate of the Model Mugging Program with certification in both single attacker and weapons disarm. She is a retired protection agent and member of local R.E.D.